I just returned from Little Rock where my client took a plea in the largest computer theft indictment in U.S history. The victim was Acxiom. The main defendant received 8 years in prison. The story is here.
Here's some answers to your initial questions:
1. Miami lawyer in a Arkansas federal courtroom? How'd the judge treat you?
Like a lawyer.
2. How many times did you hear "we don't do things like that here?"
3. What are Arkansas federal prosecutors like?
4. Courtroom staff make your life miserable?
Best I've ever dealt with.
5. FBI Agents, Marshals, probation officers, courthouse security?
Couldn't be more respectful.
It was the first time in a long time I walked into a courtroom and felt that all parties involved had total and complete respect for the function of a criminal defense lawyer.
And I appreciated the experience.
Brian Tannebaum is a criminal defense attorney in Miami, Florida practicing in state and federal court. To learn more about Brian and his firm, Tannebaum Weiss, please go to www.tannebaumweiss.com
3 hours ago