A blog by Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer Brian Tannebaum. Commenting on criminal law issues of local and national interest.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Scott Rothstein: Who Knew?

Keeping up with the latest news on the unraveling of Scott Rothstein is like watching the stock market ticker.

Here's what we know this morning:

Rothstein had $16 million transferred to Morocco. A country he spent the last few days "clearing his head," and according to NBC6 Miami, contemplating suicide. By the way, he's back. His first meeting, with the feds.

Nationally known political consultant Roger Stone thought something was up a year ago.

On Halloween, Rothstein sent this text message, neither a trick, or treat:

"Sorry for letting you all down," he wrote. "I am a fool. I thought I could fix it but got trapped by my ego and refusal to fail and now all I have accomplished is hurting the people I love. Please take care of yourselves and please protect Kimmie (Rothstein's wife). She knew nothing. Neither did she nor any of you deserve what I did. I hope God allows me to see you on the other side. Love, Scott."

All the news surrounds one question: Who knew?

Yesterday a prosecutor told me: "It takes two people to make anything happen."

We'll see.

Brian Tannebaum is a criminal defense lawyer in Miami, Florida practicing in state and federal court. Read his free ebook The Truth About Hiring A Criminal Defense Lawyer. To learn more about Brian and his firm, Tannebaum Weiss, please visit www.tannebaumweiss.com

Share/Save/Bookmark

okdork.com rules Post to Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment