Friday, March 19, 2010

Criminal Defense Blogger, 2010 Version


When I sat down here a few years ago, my goal was simple, to write my thoughts on criminal justice issues. I didn't know about links or how to post a video or SEO or anything else except that I could write something and it would be on the internet for others to read. I never advertised so I didn't know or think about whether writing here would cause a recently arrested individual to rush in to hire me. I did this for one silly reason - to write.

Now this Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer has seen a new form of criminal defense blogging. It seems someone out there is telling criminal defense lawyers to 1. write daily about a criminal case in their area, 2. link to their website every time the word criminal, defense, lawyer, name of the city, type of crime like murder, robbery, burglary, assault, battery, DUI, other traffic violations, code ordinance violations, probation violations, and any other criminal cases, criminal violations, criminal charges.

To you new bloggers out there, I have two questions:

1. Who is teaching you to do this? (you can respond anonymously)
2. Why are you doing this?

Brian Tannebaum is a criminal defense lawyer in Miami, Florida practicing in state and federal court, and the author of The Truth About Hiring A Criminal Defense Lawyer.

Share/Save/Bookmark

okdork.com rules Post to Twitter