A blog by Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer Brian Tannebaum. Commenting on criminal law issues of local and national interest.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Lawyers Of Maricopa County Announce A December 21st Rally

I received the following e-mail today from a lawyer I know and who is a co-organizer of this rally:

On December 21, 1946, the United States Supreme Court reversed the conviction of Irene Morgan for refusing to give up her seat on a bus in violation of Virginia's segregation law. This is just one example of the courage of one person standing up against power wielded with evil, unjust, and self-serving intent. I personally do not plan on sitting down any more in the face of this incompetent, thin thinking, petty little tyrant. On Monday, December 21, 2009, at 12:15 p.m., I would like to rally as many people as we can to the patio in front of the Central Court Building to protest the illegitimate, despicable, and cowardly actions of Andy Thomas and to demand that he be suspended from the State Bar of Arizona. Please circulate this email to as many people as you see fit.

(I am not the author of the e-mail but I am passing this on and I will be there. I wanted to let those of you who have written to me about your sympathies for our troubles here in Maricopa County that we are not sitting around anymore.)

Denise M. Quinterri


We'll be watching.

Brian Tannebaum is a criminal defense lawyer in Miami, Florida practicing in state and federal court. Read his free ebook The Truth About Hiring A Criminal Defense Lawyer. To learn more about Brian and his firm, Tannebaum Weiss, please visit www.tannebaumweiss.com

Share/Save/Bookmark

okdork.com rules Post to Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment